GERSTEL Solutions worldwide No. 12
A breath of fresh air!
In this issue
Food, Flavor and Fragrance Analysis
- Wine flavor analysis: Holding on to fleeting encounters
Solvent-free extraction combined with on-demand multi-dimensional GC/MS and analyte concentration lets you find even the smallest flavor compound peaks in complex matrices
- Twister extraction: All good things come in threes
The usefulness of Twister sorption phases for generating flavor profiles of beverages was tested. And the winner is...
- Fragrance analysis: Fabric softeners caught in a whirl…
One company‘s successful search for an alternative to solvent-based extraction of fragrances in household products and detergents
- Easy catch: Pesticides in water
Automated SPE combined with evaporative analyte concentration and LC-MS/MS makes it easy to reach required LODs for pesticides in water
- Natural mysteries: Ghostbusters in the desert
South African scientists dig deeper in their search for the causes of the Namib “fairy circles”
Indoor Air Quality
- A breath of fresh air? When home and office make you suffer...
Fast and easy determination of VOC- and SVOC emissions from building products used indoors makes producers and occupants breathe a sigh of relief
- No pain!
Pain management drugs: Single step automated liquid extraction and dispersive SPE clean-up enables efficient automated LC-MS/MS determination
- Sustainable fuel
Automated sample preparation and determination of glycerin in biodiesel
- New GERSTEL K.K. offices in Tokyo
- GERSTEL and Agilent - 25 years of partnership
- Literature: Mass spectrometry in food safety